Saturday, December 09, 2017

Acting Opposite

During the holidays and working nights as a nurse, it becomes challenging to meet with my therapist. In turn, I email him. The idea is to do it daily.....points of positivity. He also accepts gratitudes as well because sometimes I am unable to separate them.


Prolouge:
My mother and I have a strained and in turn superficial relationship. It makes family interaction (especially during the holidays) challenging.
The reference from The Arena comes from Brene Brown's book 'Daring Greatly'




So my accomplishments from yesterday: 


I went with my mom to her doctors appointment. She believes her cardio ablation has failed in efficacy because of the return of palpitations.
(I'm sure you understand me doing anything like this is a MAJOR acting opposite event..... as was going out to brunch with her afterwards.) 

Father in his infinite mercy & TLC blessed me with a different set of ears & eyes while I was with her.  

While at the doctors office she stepped on the scale & overly complained about her weight which is comparable to mine. The symptoms she described, I would have defined as anxiety. She's was admittedly grossly noncompliant with her beta-blockers. She was obsessive about the carb/calorie count of what we ate. It dawned on me how insecure she truly is. 

I could feel Father smiling down as he showed me that she is just as broken as I am (if not more so)..... that her self denial & condescending perspective impedes her progress. It is my acceptance, my stubborn (begrudging) willingness (😄 LOL) to do what it takes, that will break this cycle between generations. Me emotion coaching my kids will help them be healthier. I need not give too much credence to those who are not in the arena or whose thinking is just as disordered or more so than mine. 


Now knowing that I only slept about 2.5 hours & have been up since 2:30am, you must realize that last paragraph did not come from me.
I have only endured this seemingly endless night THNX to Nathan Pacheco & this song on my phone that had played on a repeated loop since about 3am. 





I hope you have a fantastic day

Me

No comments: