Friday, March 28, 2014

Finding my voice.

Here I am.....again.....still. I have now been home from rehab just over two years. I did make one of those crazy promises to Heavenly Father as I left, that if I promised not to purge anymore, that perhaps he would give me a voice. Of course, I was thinking of a voice meaning the singing kind. It was while I was in treatment that I would sing on occasion and for the first time ever in my life I got  complimented on my voice. How wonderful that would be to have the empowering gift of music.
While I've been home and more than once the thought has struck me that perhaps it wasn't the gift of music kinda voice that I could share, but perhaps sharing a story that other might could relate to by which the could be empowered. Now I search for the strength and the courage to share, hopefully even day to day what the battles are like that I hope in time will win the war.
I write under the cover of anonymity by which I hope will encourage me to be that much more open and that much more honest with what I share, so as to not lay out potholes to what is already a dangerous and treacherous road. I will allow for comments although this blog may not be well known for a while so I guess I'm not too worried about what you may have to say now anyhow.

Thank You for joining me on this journey.

No comments: