Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Trying to 'get' to recovery...

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not yet in recovery. I'm not even sure what that means or all it entails. I, where I am today, cannot even imagine or think of what recovery looks like, feels like.....I'm sure I have no idea today what recovery means. Granted, working in the healthcare field, I know what it means in terms of taking care of a patient. In terms of the one who needs healing, I'm clueless.
I did an intake admission assessment with an inpatient rehab facility on Thursday. It was all on the phone and took about an hour. They called me a few hours later to let me know that I did in fact qualify to go. You have to understand that I was surprised because in my mind set, I wasn't that 'sick'. Sunday, I told my mom, to make sure she could watch my three kids for a month. Today I submitted my request at work for FMLA, leave under the "Family Medical Leave Act"... My boss was less than thrilled although I had done my best to aleviate her 'pain' all I could to soften the blow. And as much as she may think she's the victim, I know that I have to do this for me, because I'm sure what I'm about to encounter will not be worth going thru for someone else.
So stay tuned. This is going to be my journal, published in amonimity, so that I may have the courage to be as honest as possible...and in turn I hope that those who read this may gain courage as well.

No comments: